Enabling Settings for All Meetings
- Open a browser and go to http://zoom.lynn.edu
- Click on the "Sign In" button
- Sign in with your Lynn University email address and password.
- Once in the Zoom portal, click on the "Settings" option on the left-hand side.
- Once in settings, click on the "In Meeting (Advanced)" option.
- Scroll down until you see the option for "Closed Captioning"
- Click the switch to the right to enable Closed Captioning.
- Once enabled, an option to "Enable live transcription" will appear. Click the check box next to that option to enable it.
- Under that option, there is an option to allow "Save Captions". Click the switch next to that option to enable it.
- For any future meetings you have, this option will now be activated.
Enabling within an existing meeting (Must go through steps above for option to appear)
- Start a Zoom meeting
- Once in the meeting, click on the "Live Transcript" icon in the middle of the control bar
- Depending on your screen size, you may need to click the "More" button to the right to see the option.
- In the small window that appears, click the "Enable Auto-Transcription" button at the bottom to enable it.
- Once that is done, the live transcription will begin to appear below the video image of the presenter.
Additional Zoom Resources
- Getting Started Guide
- Audio, video, recording and sharing
- Sharing Computer Sound
- Download Zoom
- How-To Videos
- Zoom Training
- Meeting/Webinar Comparison