Welcome to Lynn University. Before starting classes, you will need to set up the iPad issued to you. These instructions will walk you through the first time setup. To be familiar with the process, be sure to watch the iPad Setup video in its entirety and read through these instructions before setting up the iPad for the first time.
Due to Lynn University's Mobile Device Management, you will not be able to restore from a backup for the initial setup,
How to Setup your iPad - Video
How to setup your iPad
Let's get started with this step-by-step guide
For first time setup, you must follow these instructions, or you will encounter errors.
- On the Hello screen - Swipe-up.
- On models with a Home button, press the Home button to begin.
- Select your preferred language.
- For these instructions, we have chosen English.
- Select your Country or Region.
- At the Quick Start menu, select "Set Up Manually".
- DO NOT set up using the nearby previous device. This will result in a Configuration Profile error, and you will need to contact IT Support Services to resolve this error.
- When prompted, connect to Wi-Fi.
- When on campus, choose the "Lynn" network and sign in using your Lynn username (not full email address) and Lynn password. Choose TRUST when prompted for the security certificate.
- If you are connected to the "LynnGuest" network, online university resources will not be available to you. Be sure to Forget this Network and connect only to the Lynn network.
- To forget a network, hold down the power button and choose Wi-Fi Settings. Tap on the "i" and Forget This Network.
- Once connected to Wi-Fi, you will see the onscreen message, "“It may take a few minutes to activate this iPad,” followed by "Retrieving configuration…”.
- You will be routed to the Data & Privacy screen.
- Select Continue to go to the Apps & Data screen.
- At the Apps & Data screen under Setup as New without restoring from a backup, select “Don’t Transfer Apps & Data”.
- At the Remote Management screen, tap Next in the top right and sign in with your full Lynn email address and password to configure the iPad.
- Next you will need to Set up a Passcode on your iPad.
- Lynn University requires that a minimum of 6 characters be used for this code.
- You will use this passcode to unlock your iPad. It is vital that you remember this passcode to avoid being locked out of your iPad. If you forget this passcode, any data stored locally on your iPad and not backed up may be lost as a result of forgetting this code.
- We encourage you to make a note on your phone with a hint that will help you remember your passcode or password. However, you should NEVER write down an actual passcode or password.
- After following the onscreen instructions to Set up a Passcode, you will be prompted to Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Signing in with an Apple ID is optional and may be skipped by choosing "Forgot password or don’t have an Apple ID?" in blue found below the sign in area. The next screen will let you choose Set Up Later in Settings at the bottom of the screen in blue. If you do not have an Apple ID set up yet, please choose this option.
- At the Terms & Conditions screen, you must select Agree at the bottom right to continue.
- Choose Continue at the Express Settings screen.
- It is recommended to choose to Keep Your iPad Up to Date by selecting Continue.
- Many apps fail to continue functioning properly when the iOS is not up to date.
- Updating to the latest iOS is required when troubleshooting issues with IT Support Services.
- Skip these steps if you did not sign in with an Apple ID
- Apple Pay can be setup by choosing Continue or Set up Later in Settings at the bottom of the screen. You will not see this screen if you did not sign in with an Apple ID yet.
- iCloud Keychain can be setup by choosing Continue or Set up Later in Settings at the bottom of the screen. You will not see this screen if you did not sign in with an Apple ID yet.
- Siri can be setup by choosing Continue or Set up Later in Settings at the bottom of the screen.
- App Analytics you can choose to Share with App Developers or Don't Share at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Continue at True Tone Display screen.
- Select Continue to view iPad demonstration on how to Go Home, Quick Access to the Dock, Switch Between Recent Apps, Quickly Access Controls.
- It is recommended to go through the feature demo to get the best end user experience with your iPad.
- At the Welcome to iPad screen select Swipe Up To Get Started.
- Face ID can be setup in Settings under Face ID & Passcode.
- You will be prompted automatically for your Lynn password to sign in to your Lynn email account or when you open the Mail app.
Congratulations, you have successfully setup your iPad. Please keep your iPad connected to Wi-Fi over the next hour as Lynn University provided apps will be automatically installed. For other apps available from Lynn University, click on the Self Service app, once it is installed. All apps found in Self Service are provided at no additional cost to all Lynn University students.
If you have any issues on campus, you can open an issue at the Lynn University Service Center. For any IT specific issues, select IT Support Services and choose the option that best describes your request. For more information about the IT Support Services team, check out our home page.
|Content by Label|
|cql||label = "ipadsetup" and type = "page" and space = "ITKBH"|